Update PAN Information – Make Changes in PAN Card Details
It is always advised to double check the PAN Data while applying for new PAN card. In case, you have filled any wrong information accidently, no need to worry. You can make corrections in PAN too. In this post, i will explain the step by step procedure to make changes to the PAN data. There are different procedures to make changes to the existing PAN information for NSDL and UTIITSL.
There may be several reasons, why someone need to change his PAN data. Possible reasons are :
- Mistake in the Applicant’s Name
- Mistake in Applicant’s Father Name
- Mistake in Date of Birth
- Very unclear Photo
- Unclear Signature
- Misprinting in PAN number
These are the common issues, you can make changes but you must note down that :
- You should double check the spelling while applying for PAN card
- Make sure you entered the date of birth correctly
- Make sure you paste clear photograph and sign the acknowledgement with dark pen
How to Make Changes in PAN data – NSDL :
- First of all you need to visit this page
- Now Click on “Online Application for Changes Or Correction in PAN Data (PAN Change Request Form)”
- Another page will be opened, scroll down after selecting suitable type, click on the “select” option.
- A new online form with heading “Request For New PAN Card Or/And Changes Or Correction in PAN Data” will be displayed.
- This time you have to make sure that you don’t commit any mistake during filling the application
- After the application is filled, click on the Submit Button
- If any errors are displayed, correct them and hit the submit button.
Note : You have to pay the amount of Rs. 105(for indian citizens) and Rs.971(for other addresses) either through online mode or through offline mode.
- The payment method and address is same as mentioned in “how to apply online for New PAN ” post.
- After specifying the payment method, you will be presented acknowledgement.
- Download the acknowledgement and save it carefully as it contains important information.
The acknowledgement contains following information :
- A 15 digit Acknowledgement number
- Category of the Applicant
- PAN(Permanent Account number)
- Applicant’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Details of Proof of identity and address.
This acknowledgement along with the relevant documents should be sent to the following address :
“Income Tax PAN Services Unit, NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016″
Make Changes to PAN Card Online – UTIITSL
If you applied for PAN through UTIITSL and want to make changes now. You need to visit the official website from HERE
After the Payment and your application is received, you will get the PAN card with the updated details very soon.
For any query or information, leave your comment below.